Help us grow our community. Deeply rooted in your community, our movement is made up of people of all ages, faiths and abilities, all working side-by-side to ensure that everyone, regardless of gender, income or background, has the opportunity to live life to its fullest.
We value caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and everything we do stems from this. Our volunteers are teens, parents, grandparents, neighbors and local leaders who are all personally committed to understanding what our neighborhoods need. Together, we use our knowledge to develop stronger, more inclusive communities, provide support for people and families, and promote positive change overall.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
The Yonkers Family YMCA offers both corporate & individual volunteer opportunities throughout the year. We can customize your volunteer work to fit your area of interest, wether it is special events, food pantry, community gardens, youth & teen programs, health & wellness etc…
Here are some volunteer options:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
For more information, contact Ashley Pallano at [email protected] or 914-963-0183 x14
* All volunteers will have to undergo a background check. Having a record does not disqualify you from volunteering here.