Americans are generally heavier today than they were 20 years ago. Our diets have changed, our intake amounts have changed, and our fitness activities have changed. The average American wants to lose weight. Most doctors recommend developing a healthy lifestyle which includes exercising regularly.
The YMCA offers a state-of-the-art Wellness and Fitness Center that can be of great assistance in the process of living a healthier lifestyle. We also have trained Wellness and Fitness Center staff to assist you in getting the most out of your workout. From the time we open to the time we close you don’t have to struggle to stay fit on your own. Simply ask for help.
If it is hard for you to do a workout on your own you may want to consider personal training. This will allow you to have several support sessions with a Certified Personal Trainer who will lead you to a higher level of success as you workout. See one of the Wellness and Fitness Center Staff members or Membership Services for more information.
Full Membership to our YMCA includes:
- use of the Wellness Center
- use of the Weight Room
- use of the Locker Rooms (bring a lock for the day or purchase long term services and your own towels)
- use of the Racquetball Courts
- use of the Boxing Center (when the Boxing Center is not used for class training)
- two Aerobic Classes per week (no other classes are included nor can they be substituted)
- use of Steam Rooms and Saunas
- use of the Gymnasium (Basketball court) during member scheduled times
- use of the Pool (during member scheduled times)
Boxing Training, Swim Lessons, Group Fitness activities (Zumba, etc.), and Personal Training, are not included as a part of Full Membership. These items may be purchased separately.
If you have not yet seen the Yonkers YMCA Wellness and Fitness Center please take some time to check it out!