CHANGE A LIFE – FOREVER!
REACH & RISE Mentoring Program
The Reach & Rise Mentoring Program is a national YMCA program that is committed to youth development by nurturing the potential of kids and teens to help them achieve and reach their full potential.
WHAT IS REACH & RISE?
The program is designed for youth ages 6 to 17 who lack role models and are in communities challenged by poverty, crime, truancy, single-parent households, among other social issues. Research shows that youth facing such challenges are more likely to succeed with the support of a caring adult. The Reach & Rise Mentoring Program connects these children with adult mentors. As part of program implementation, the Y will recruit and train adult volunteer mentors to provide direct one-to-one mentoring services and create safe, healthy and meaningful relationships with youth.
WHY SHOULD I BE A MENTOR?
- Be part of the SOLUTION
- Have a DIRECT impact on your local community
- Make a DIFFERENCE in the life of someone in need
DOES IT REALLY WORK?
- Youth are FIVE times more likely to graduate if they have a meaningful relationship with an adult
- Kids who have mentors are nearly 50% less likely
to use drugs
- Desire to work with at-risk youth ages 6-17
- 21+ years old
- Meet 1-3 hours a week for 1 year
- Mentor training (15 hours total) and
- 1 – 3 hours a week (flexible) for one year