EMPOWERING YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS TO LIVE DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE LIVES
The Yonkers Family YMCA’s Youth Clubhouse will work to eliminate drug use in all members of the Clubhouse by providing realistic alternatives to use in an environment that is safe, welcoming, inclusive and engaging.
The psycho-educational and support group models used by the Clubhouse staff are intended to assist participating youth and young adults to master the daily living advantages of being clean and sober.
Groups offered are:
Prevention – This dynamic group will analyze and address substance use risk factors in the environmental, physical, psychological areas of prevention and recovery.
Healthy-Living – This group will explore the risk factor areas associated with substance abuse and relapse. Group will target evidenced–based behavioral practices associated with developing clean and sober lifestyles.
Vocational/Educational – This group will address individual and collective vocational and educational needs of the participant(s).
Life-Skills – Participants that attend this group will engage in psycho-educational curriculum surrounding development of appropriate cognitive behavioral alternatives.
Peer-To-Peer – Peer-to-Peer recovery support services consist of participants sharing their experiences and challenges with others as they work toward establishing short-term, long-term and on-going recovery. All this done in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Media Arts – Participants will learn the basics of audio management, digital photography and video production.
Computer Lab – Participants will be taught basic computer skills necessary to engage in internet and research explorations.
Recreation – (Swim, Basketball, Open Gym/Fitness). Appropriate alternative activities to substance use are vital to the overall long-term healthy lifestyle success of a person in recovery.
- Age Requirement: 13-21;
- A desire to participate in educational didactics, recreational activities and other services necessary to remain clean, sober and implement healthy alternative measures to enhance social and emotional wellness and promote healthy living.
- Transportation provided for residents in Yonkers and nearby area. Van service will be facilitated by Yonkers YMCA.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: (All Ages)
Kids Café – 2:30pm – 3:00pm
- Cohort I: (Age 12-17)
3:00pm – 7:30pm (Thursday, 3pm – 8:30pm)
- Cohort II: (Age 18-21)
2:30pm – 7:30pm (Wednesday, 3pm – 8:30pm)
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- For additional information contact: Vincent Taliaferro, [email protected] or the Yonkers Family YMCA at 914-963-0183 x12